Status page for each application
Introduce status page for applications to monitor application endpoints.
Developers, consultants, QA will know if the app is up and running fine.
Comparison against other tools
- Sentry works when app is up and running and captures in-app errors but fails when endpoints fail
gramex init will ship with
/status page (with a request not to delete the config).
- it will use whichever auth is used in the application
- hit applicable endpoints with defaults
- ex: formhandler endpoint with _limit=10
- all filehandlers
- configure alerts on specific errors
- add email recipients
- ideal if used in staging or production. control via Yaml conditional keys.
Visiting https://gramener.com/gramexcharts/status (404 now) will give a similar table:
we've done this at an application level for BMGF apps at https://bmgf.gramener.com/status