FormHandler Table: master issue
These were tested on g1 0.9.0 using this configuration:
url: formhandler: pattern: /users handler: FormHandler kwargs: url: users.xlsx id: user
- If a table has few rows, allow column dropdown to go below page. Currently it gets chopped off
After delete action, the row is not deleted in the UI, but it is deleted in the backend. Reloading the page refreshes and shows that the row has been deleted.
In case of an error on the AJAX submission (e.g. a delete action, add action, etc), there error message clears the table. Instead, the error message should be shown above the table. Ideally, this should be a re-usable function. Other custom actions should be able to just call
.alert(msg)and re-use the same alerting mechanism
If $.formhandler does not find jQuery, Bootstrap, etc, show a visible one-time dismissable warning that can be turned off by default
Allow exporting as JSON, CSV (in addition to XLSX). This helps users right-click and copy-paste the URL into applications.
- Deleting an empty primary key in Excel deletes all rows.
- If all rows in table are deleted, we cannot add rows. Maybe because it loses information on what columns exist.
Make Add and Edit easier. On Add / Edit:
move focus to first input
$('input', ...).focus(). I want to directly start typing
give me a cancel option in red
make the Save button green
- don't allow both add and edit to happen at the same time
- allow shortcut (Enter) to save
- move focus to first input